Monday, March 24, 2008

O these scandalous politicians

Elliott Spitzer paid for sex. We have heard this story over and over again. I had to boycott the news off during the avalanche of sex scandals last spring and summer. I was absolutely disgusted with the endless stories of pedophilia, rape and solicitation that seemed to plague the Republican Party.

Actually my first reaction to Governor Spitzer’s story was “at least he was having sex with a adult”. Then I started thinking about it. Prostitution is illegal. I may not agree with it being illegal, but it is.

Public officials take an oath to uphold the law. Although I sympathize with sex starved men I cannot condone breaking the pledge that these people took when they were elected. America should not let our elected officials get away with breaking their pledge to us.

But then again, at least he had sex with a consenting adult.

1 comment:

B.Kuz said...

I have to agree with this article. When you read news stories of children being invovled in such cases, it is simply sad. SPitzer had sex, big deal but he used money that wasnt his and thats a big deal.